Cute-flying Your Desktop: A Guide (PC Edition)

 a guide to making your computer a comp-cuter ✨ in celebration of 2021

  For the purpose of this guide, we’ll focus on 3 parts of your desktop!

  • Your background ✨
  • Your cursor 💗
  • Your app icons 💕
    

Your Background

Backgrounds are the focal point of your setup and desktop, so you deserve only the cutest one! You can choose between a static background or a dynamic one for that added special touch. If you don't want to just have a single background on all the time, you can set it to rotate in your background settings. ʕ •ᴥ•ʔゝ☆

Here are my favorite resources for cute static backgrounds!

Your Cursor 💗

If you're not a fan of your default cursor in Windows, you can change it! All you'll need to do is download some custom cursor files (I've linked some below), and replace your default cursors with each of the corresponding cursor files. 👏

If you need some extra help, I have a few screenshots below with tutorial text to help you apply your new cursors!


Your App Icons 💕

Last but not least, we have your app icons. I’m actually one of those people who keeps their app icons as is on my PC (I like remembering what the icons to my games look like), but I change what my app icons look like on the Mac, oop. 😳

I’d recommend grabbing some chat stickers to use as app icons! Ones from LINE and Kakao Talk are perfect, and you can find public PNGs of them on sites like Chatsticker. c: